Thursday, December 07, 2006

Finger Update

Something freaky happened with my finger last night.  Don't worry, there are no pictures attached.  It was too creapy.  Even for me, who's been living with this thing for two weeks now. 
 
I think what is happening is that my finger is starting to generate new skin.  Two days ago I grew this big blister that was all pussy.  Yesterday I noticed that it was sort of hard, and my finger hurt everytime I moved it.  (Sort of like I was tearing my skin every time I moved it.)  I keep it bandaged up in the daytime so I don't foobar (yes, that's a word) it up at work.  So when I got home I took the bandaide off to find this weird bump thing moving.  So I decided, "Ok.  I'm going to touch it."  I did, and it moved again.  So after looking at it and being a little freaked out I decided to see if it would come off.  So I pulled it up a little bit, and it came away freely from my wound.  Well, 1/2 of it did anyway.  Then I noticed that the skin around my wound was also coming off with it.  I couldn't feel any of it.  I think I could have peeled the skin off of my whole thumb if I wanted to!  It was freaky.  So I lifted until it started to hurt a little and decided to cut it off.   Then I peroxided it, and rebandaged it because it was freaking me out.  I am starting to feel like Jeff Goldbloom in the fly.  This morning, I think it looks a little better.  I think the reason all that came up is because part of my finger - the less chopped part -  has generated a new layer of skin.  I've got like 10 more layers to go.  (How many layers of skin do we have anyway?) The major part is still icky, but I think it's getting better.  If only I could get this oozing to stop...