Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holiday Get to Know Me

Charlotte emailed me this and I thought it was fun!  Feel free to answer any or all of these questions for me in your comments, or email me!
 
  1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?  Hot Chocolate

 

  1. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  Sits them under the tree

 

  1. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Don’t know about the house, but definitely color on the tree.

 

  1. Do you hang mistletoe? No

 

  1. When do you put your decorations up?  A week or two after Thanksgiving.

 

  1. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don’t know.  Maybe the relish tray goodies.  Pickles, carrots, olives, smokes oysters, sociable crackers, and something nasty for my dad like pigs feet.

 

  1. Favorite holiday memory as a child:  Christmas Eve Dinner

 

  1. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? There’s no Santa?

 

  1. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  Yes, from aunts/uncles/eachother, etc.  We open the ones from Santa on Christmas Day.

 

  1. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?  Since I’ve been on my own, I collect one fancy glass bulb a year.  All others are plain bulbs, plus whatever ornaments from my childhood that I have that are sentimental.

 

  1. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Love it! I’d rather it be snowing that just cold and crappy.

 

  1. Can you ice skate?  Yep

 

  1. Do you remember your favorite gift?  My grandpa made my sister and I a doll house.  I think I was 5.  He died when I was 6.

 

  1. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Remembering where I came from.

 

  1. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Cherry pie I guess.  But I’m really liking my own desserts that I’ve created this year.

 

  1. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  When my parents moved us to ABQ we started our own Christmas Eve & dinner tradition.

 

  1. What tops your tree? Angel

 

  1. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?  Giving to those who aren’t expecting it.  They are the ones that really appreciate it.

 

  1. What is your favorite Christmas Song?  Anything old school. 

 

  1. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  Yum if it’s the first 1 or 2.  Yulk if it’s more than that.