Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cookies Gone Arie

Last night I set out to make the cutest sugar cookies in the world.
I found some alphabet shapes, so I decided I was going to make everyone their very own named cookie.
I have switched my flour over to whole wheat, so the cookies turned out a little darker than you'd probably want a sugar cookie to turn out.  And apparently, I didn't use enough sugar (although I followed the recipe perfectly).  So the actual cookies don't taste very well, but they look great!  Everyone has their very own name sprinkled with red, white and blue jimmies.  When I hand them out, I'll have to make sure they know they are likely to taste like cardboard. Hey!  You can win them all.
 
I think to counter that fact that my cookies don't taste very good, I'm going to make that banana pudding thing with vanilla wafers lining the outside of the bowl.  I haven't had that in a while, and that sounds like a good lake/fourth of July treat.    Of course, I'm also going to have to buy some booze of some sort.  I'm thinking margarita and daiquiri mixes.
 
What are all you people doing for the Fourth of July?