Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Did everyone have a good Independence Day? I did. It was for the most part relaxing, even though today I'm exhausted today.

The best part of yesterday is when I was heading home from the lake, I rolled into the city around 10:00 just as the fireworks shows were beginning. There were about 8 different shows that I got to watch while I was driving! It was the best thing ever! Watching the horizon is always something I love to see when I make the drive back home, but this time it was just awesome seeing so much going on in the skies. It really solidified how lucky I am to be in this country, and even though there are many many flaws with it, I'm still very glad to be here rather than anywhere else in the world. I should have stopped and setup my tripod on the road, but I was so tired and just wanted to get home.

When I turned off the freeway onto my road, there was a HUGE show going on in the neighborhood to the east of my house. I thought there was just river there! So I'm going to have to take my bike and explore over there today. That show went on for about 1/2 an hour. I sat in my living room with the lights off and watched from my house. Then, while I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard more going off and there was another show going off outside my bedroom window! I was so excited! I watched for another 1/2 hour before I thought I couldn't stand anymore and went to bed. I was so tired that even with all the booms going off, I still fell asleep fast. And slept through the night! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep.