In honor of my 555th Post (It's actually been more, but I've deleted some old posts) I decided I should create some sort of customer banner instead of the same ole cookie cutter ones. I've found some interesting things that I can do to my blogger template, so I suspect, as usual, I'll be messing around with things every once in a while.
OK. On to the Weekend Update! This weekend was a pretty active weekend for us. DJ had one of his college buddies come into town, and when he’s in town, it’s a guaranteed crazy time. Friday night, one of the nearby towns was having their annual summer street dance. It was a long night. Apparently, there were some late night calls made to one particular hot single friend of min. (Sorry about that Jordan. If you wouldn't be so hot and friendly, maybe people wouldn't call you.)
On Saturday, we hung out with my cousin and his "Red Neck Yaght Club" friends. They are a group of about six or seven guys who all have sail boats. Pretty much, every weekend they come in to town and play on the lake all weekend long. This time, it was about twenty of us on the lake that I grew up on. Oh, let me remind you that it was over 100 degrees on Saturday. That’s pretty hot for here. Usually it’s around 80-something.
So we’re boating around the lake, and it only took about ten minutes before we decided it was really frickin’ hot. I think I sweat from areas of my body that I never even knew I could sweat from. After sailing for about 2 hours, we stopped at a sand island in the middle of the lake to swim. It was a pretty cool site. All the sail boats came into the island and beached themselves, then we just waded around in the water for a while. OK. We waded around for about 5 hours. The water felt so good, we didn’t want to get out.
Surprisingly, I am not burnt to a crip. Although my husband and his friend are. I actually, am sporting a very nice tan. Which is something I haven’t had since I moved out of Texas. I have to say, I could get used to this whole sailing and swimming ritual. After DJ sheds his sunburn, we’ll have to go out again.
Ahhh, this is the life! The three months of warmth make me feel like I have a charmed life. Even though I live in BFE USA. But then I'm slapped back into reality pretty quickly come October. Brrrr.
OK. On to the Weekend Update! This weekend was a pretty active weekend for us. DJ had one of his college buddies come into town, and when he’s in town, it’s a guaranteed crazy time. Friday night, one of the nearby towns was having their annual summer street dance. It was a long night. Apparently, there were some late night calls made to one particular hot single friend of min. (Sorry about that Jordan. If you wouldn't be so hot and friendly, maybe people wouldn't call you.)
On Saturday, we hung out with my cousin and his "Red Neck Yaght Club" friends. They are a group of about six or seven guys who all have sail boats. Pretty much, every weekend they come in to town and play on the lake all weekend long. This time, it was about twenty of us on the lake that I grew up on. Oh, let me remind you that it was over 100 degrees on Saturday. That’s pretty hot for here. Usually it’s around 80-something.
So we’re boating around the lake, and it only took about ten minutes before we decided it was really frickin’ hot. I think I sweat from areas of my body that I never even knew I could sweat from. After sailing for about 2 hours, we stopped at a sand island in the middle of the lake to swim. It was a pretty cool site. All the sail boats came into the island and beached themselves, then we just waded around in the water for a while. OK. We waded around for about 5 hours. The water felt so good, we didn’t want to get out.
Surprisingly, I am not burnt to a crip. Although my husband and his friend are. I actually, am sporting a very nice tan. Which is something I haven’t had since I moved out of Texas. I have to say, I could get used to this whole sailing and swimming ritual. After DJ sheds his sunburn, we’ll have to go out again.
Ahhh, this is the life! The three months of warmth make me feel like I have a charmed life. Even though I live in BFE USA. But then I'm slapped back into reality pretty quickly come October. Brrrr.
I have one more update. This girl at my office was giving away Beta Fish away. So I have a new pet. He meets my critera. Fuzzy that will never die, or a fish. Well...he's a fish so it worked out well. He's been swimming around his bowl ever since I put him in there. Looks like he's a pretty habby little guy. I've got to think of a good name. I'm thinking Kashi. What do you think?