I was going to complain about my maternity pants, but now I have something REAL to talk about!
Are you ready?
I got promoted! A real promotion! Completely blindsided by it too. Which really makes me happy because I didn't have to stress out about not getting it. I am now Internet Marketing Manager in charge of User Experience. Which to me translates into website development and consistency retention. Effective immediately I am managing 5 people! How exciting! 2 of those people, we haven't even hired yet. Super sweet.
There goes my worries of not getting promoted or taken seriously because I'm knocked up. I don't think I shared this, but about a month ago, I asked for a raise and got it. I went in with a list of everything I was hired to do, everything I am now doing and comp salaries in the industry around this area, and said, here is what I want and here is why. I was happy then, but now I'm totally ecstatic. I know the pressure will be on, but go ahead and BRING IT baby! I can take it!
Anyone want to meet me for Happy Hour tonight?!
I'm sure I'll talk about my pants later.