Is there a word that you CONSTANTLY spell wrong? Even though it's a common easy word? Apparently I have one of those. It's DEFINITELY. (And yes, I spelled it wrong the first time when I wrote it just now.) For some reason, my mind will not properly spell this word. I think even if my life depended on it, it'd come out wrong the first time! I have no idea why. It's like my brain just hates this word or something.
Maybe I should start using any of these synonyms: absolutely, categorically, cert, clearly, decidedly, doubtless, doubtlessly, easily, explicitly, expressly, finally, in spades, indubitably, obviously, plainly, positively, specifically, surely, undeniably, unequivocally, unmistakably, unquestionably, without doubt, without fail, without question
You're probably dieing to find out how I spell that evil D word aren't you? I seem to spell it the same wrong way every time. I spell it D-E-F-I-N-A-T-E-L-Y. So it's just one letter, but it's really bugging me. Why does my spell check always identify this word as the one that is incorrect in everything I write? Does anyone know any tricks to get myself back into spelling shape?