Saturday, June 14, 2008

Phew. MG is down for the count for a while. She is not liking that I'm not picking her up. But I'm trying to prepare her for daycare. I put her in her swing hoping that she'd fall asleep, and I think it worked. I'm trying to think of all the things a daycare person might do or not do with her since she's got other kids to tend to. I sure hope this whole daycare thing goes well. I'm seriously freaking out about it. DJ has this cousin that worked at a daycare center for a few years, and she's really good with kids. I asked her if she'd move to our town to watch my kid. She said yes, but her husband wouldn't like that much. :o( Woah is me.

I finally feel like I'm getting things done around this house, and soon I'm going to have to go back to work. It sucks. The weather is finally looking good today (other than the wind gusts). I'm trying to decide if MG and I should try to take a walk, or if we would get blown away.

I'm looking forward to going back to work on a few levels. One will be that it's a controlled food environment. I only eat food during lunch, and maybe a snack if someone brings something in that is good. Right now, I snack too much. Even though I don't eat much for regular meals. You'd think that'd even things out a bit. But I don't think it is. I feel like I still have a sumo wrestler belly. I would love to have that mostly gone by now so I could at least fit in to some really cute shirts that I forgot I had. When I go back to work, I intend to start up my daily walks around the neighborhood once or twice a day. Before I got preggers I had a good little routine going that got me out of the office and losing a few pounds.

I found a pair of jeans today that I bought and wore once right before I got married. I have pictures of me in those jeans. I looked hot. Even though then, I thought I was a lard ass. I don't think I'll ever fit into those jeans again. I'm not even going to try. I am donating them to Goodwill. I wonder if I will ever look remotely attractive again. Especially since it's very hard to get out of the house with MG right now. I planned on joining a gym and getting a personal trainer, but the thought of being away from MG more than the 11 hours I already will be is way too much for me to deal with. Maybe I'll come up with something to do on my own on the weekends for a couple hours while DJ watches her.