Monday, June 16, 2008

Sex Again

So... Sex after baby. Let's chat about that for a minute. I got the "green light" from my OBGYN at my 6 week checkup. I managed to stave off the deed as long as I thought I could without causing my husband to run off with another woman.

But let me tell you, what I used to enjoy has now because one big massive stress ball. Why? You ask. Well, because I had an episiotomy. It was not fun while it was healing, and now that it is, I am not interested in getting it back. So while my husband is happy as a clam, I'm thinking, "OMG! Is it tearing open?! Ouch! That hurts! I hope he doesn't feel like he's 'throwing a hot dog down a hallway' (Got that from Jenny McCarthy's book) and, "Is this going to be over soon?" Oh, and lets not forget the breast feeding concerns. "I sure hope he doesn't touch my nipples, because they are sore today. I also hope I don't spring a leak like I've read can happen sometimes."

So sex - at this point anyway - is no fun to me. I wonder if I'll ever find it fun again.