Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Things I Do For a Burrito

Thursday I had a day to myself in Fargo. The main reason being my six-week checkout with my OBGyn. Guess what? He was a little concerned about my delivery. In fact, he had a FULL PAGE of notes regarding my whole ordeal. He told me that next time I need to be sure to tell him to look at his notes on the first one because apparently, he normally only administers one of many different types of medications to stop bleeding during labor. He then continued to tell me how he used every medication on me to stop my bleeding. So although it's unlikely a "hemorrhaging" trend with me and childbirth, next time he'll want to be better prepared with all the medications in the room with us. He also mentioned that he'd want to induce me earlier next time. Oh, and I'm supposed to make a smaller baby next time too. Yeah, isn't that an easy request? I found out a bunch of other interesting yet freaky information while I was at the office. All leading me to believe that childbirth really isn't worth all the trouble. Seriously. I'm also starting to think my mom wasn't really being as melodramatic as I thought she was being.

After I went running around doing a bunch of errands, all with the intent to eat lunch at Qdoba. I hadn't eaten breakfast because I wanted to be sure to enjoy every morsel of my burrito. I didn't make it to the big Q until 6:00. I was about to pass out. When I pulled into the parking lot, it was raining cats and dogs. But I wasn't about to miss out on my burrito now! Not after starving to death all day long. So I got drenched running in and out of Qdoba. But the burrito was totally worth it.