Thursday, December 29, 2005

How Embarrassing

I went to Target on my lunch hour to look at their selection of cameras to see if I wanted to trade the one my mom bought me for a different one. Then after looking at target, and not buying anything yet, I headed off to a place my friends and I call Cheap Chinese. Can you guess why? Because it's cheap Chinese when you get take-out. So I dish up my little take-out box, and head to the checkout counter. The girl who I'm not sure if she speaks English or not, is weighing my take-out, when I go into my purse and realize I DON'T HAVE MY WALLET! Oh My God! What the heck happened to my wallet! So I tell the girl, "I'm sorry I don't have my wallet. I think it's at the office, I'll be back in 10 minutes." So I get in my car and I'm freaking out. When did I see my wallet last? I go back to work and check my drawer. No wallet. So I drive to my apartment. There it is, sitting on my counter top. Apparently I used it last night for something, and don't even remember it. By this time it's too late to go back to cheap Chinese. a. If I did go back, the food would now be cold, b. I'm not sure if the chick really knew what I told her anyway, c. I am now twice the distance from the place anyway. So I climb back in my car and head to Arby's which is next to my house.

How embarrassing is that? I don't think I can go back to cheap Chinese for a long time. Maybe only if I change my hairdo or lose a lot of weight or something.