Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm So Proud of Myself!

Over night it snowed about 4-5 inches. So on my way out of my garage this morning, I backed into a winter wonderland of light fluffy snow. All went well until I had to stop to change gears into drive. I got stuck. But I didn't panic and gun the gas (note: this only gets you more stuck). Instead, I slowly let on the gas in drive. But I didn't move. Then I switched to reverse. I didn't move. So then I did it again. Drive. Nothing. Reverse. Nothing. I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to leave my car in the middle of the parking lot. But then I remembered that my fancy car (Not. It's a Pontiac Grand Am.) has traction control. So I switched that off. And repeated the steps. Slowly let on the gas in drive. Nothing. Reverse. Nothing at first, but then I started moving. So I reversed until I lined myself up with the tracks that were already in the snow, and followed them out to the main road in my apartment complex.

Now all I have to do is get home without any troubles. It's still snowing, so it should be interesting. It's supposed to snow all day today, and all day tomorrow. Fun Stuff! I took pictures for all you southerners sitting in tee shirts and sipping coffee outside to see.