Warning: If you plan to see this movie, here is a bit of information we wish we had. This movie is LOOOOOONNG! The last movie that I saw that had an intermission was Shindlers List. This movie has an intermission.
Although this movie was long, I think it was quite good. I got worried because about 45 minutes in to the movie, I remembered that the original King Kong droned on for a while, and with my short attention span, I would stop watching it because it stopped being interesting. No need to worry here though. Although there are definately holes in some of the plot, I think the movie is definately a must see. The way the depict all the crazy characters on Skull Island, and especially the way they made King Kong so lifelike is pretty amazing.
You'll laugh at this movie, you'll be angry with humanity, and you'll cry. Well... maybe you won't cry, but I did, and you should.
Darin and I saw two movies this weekend that made us really angry with humans and their self distruction of both themselves, the people around them, as well as the planet. We rented Hotel Rwanda. Boy the world is really F%^* up. And if you ever thought the UN was useless, or maybe if you thought they were usefull, once you watch this movie, you'll see just how useless this organization really is/was.