Yesterday, Big D and I went Snow Mobiling on his land. After getting all bundled up to resemble the Abomidable Snowman, we headed out. This is only the second time I've ever been on a snow mobile, but someday I will be a pro. Everyone who knows me, knows that I hate to be cold. However, once you put all this stuff on, you don't really feel cold. I didn't look very cute, which of course I had a problem with, but at least I was warm.
After we head out and play around for a while, I get stuck. So Darin had to come help me get unstuck. Who knew that snow mobiles can't go through all snow. Aparently, I launched myself into too soft of a patch, and instantly got stuck. I was sad. The snow was all the way up to my thigh. So that's about 3 feet deep. When I attempted to walk out to where Darin had driven my snow mobile to, I fell over head first. Please note: It's very hard to move when your dressed like the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man. And, because the snow was so soft, everytime I tried to push myself up, I'd just sink again. Plus, my arms are already starting to feel like jello, because steering a snow mobile, is quite a workout. Then I started laughing because I realize how funny I must look trying to get myself up. When I laugh hard, I get week and have to sit down. So here I am, in a snow pile, can't get up, laughing histerically, and so week I can't do anything but lay there. Flat on my face. Are you wondering if my husband came to my rescue? No. He didn't. He was sitting on his snow mobile rolling his eyes at me. So I had to fight my battle with the snow drift. I finally won. When I walked over to my man do you want to know what he said to me? You looked like a vegetable. Gee, thanks a lot my Prince Charming. Not!
But anyway. Once I got used to the feeling of possibly falling off the thing, and killing myself, it was actually very fun. He even taught me how to spin around on the ice. Which again, I thought I was going to die, but I tried it anyway, and that turned out to be pretty fun as well.
Who knew I could actually have fun in the cold? Maybe my southern climate friends should come out and try it with me some time. :o)