Friday, March 24, 2006

Take this Job and Shove it!

I ain't workin' here no more...
Anyone remember that song?

Well, this morning has been quite eventful. I had a 7:00am dentist apointment, which really put a damper on my Caribou run. I was really looking forward to a Turtle Mocha. Oh well though.
I left my apartment in such a hurry that I didn't take my jacket. Apparently I forgot where I lived, I must have thought that I was in Texas or something where right now it is probably warm enough to leave without a coat. But here, it is supposed to snow again today, and the current temp is 33 degrees. I park my car in the parking lot of this place for the last time EVER. (Ahhh. that sounds so good!) I step out of my vehicle, and almost slip because what looked like a little bit of water on the pavement, was actually a thin sheet of ice. So I skate through the parking lot with my cute 3 inch healed shoes, with a faux shearling trim on, and in the door. By this time I really am wishing I had my coffee because now everything on me has goose bumps. (Good thing my bra has a little bit of padding)

Then it hits me as I'm walking down the hallway! "My last day. My last day! MY LAST DAY!" WOO HOO! Then that song pops into my head! whoo hoo! By this time I'm smiling from ear to ear. I just can't stop smiling! Today I plan to IM my buddies, email the ones not on IM, and to call the ones that don't have email.

Oh, follow up to wizing in a cup. They were supposed to overnight me a kit to take with me to the clinic. That didn't come. So I have a call in to the HR manager, to see if maybe I can just take it when I get to the new office. Maybe do it before the orientation, or after....