Tuesday, March 14, 2006

This Morning's Drive

After yesterday's driving adventures in the worst snowstorm since 1980 or something like that. This morning wasn't much better. Although the main roads are now plowed, and so was my apartment driveway. However, the dillhole that plowed the driveways, pushed the snow up against the garages, so when I tried to pul out, I got stuck on top of a mountain of snow. I had to drive forward, back into my garage, and then gun the gas to get out. Successfully of course.

Then after dropping my man off at his office, I had to dodge ice balls that have been kicked up from the snowplays that were the size of, and/or bigger than my car's tires. I felt like I was in a video game. I feared for my cars life!

I can't believe I live up here. I miss my warm Texas climate. I miss wearing skirts without panty hose in February. I miss open toe shoes in April. I miss being able to swim in the lakes without freezing to death. Why did I ever get married? Why? Oh, yeah, because I love him. That's why.