I have decided to stop saying, "God Bless You", or "Bless You" when people sneeze. So far as I can tell, no Christian can tell me how this phrase came about, and in my car ride to work this morning, I decided that it actually quite rediculous to say to a person anyway. I mean, why should we ask God to bless a person, who's body is just doing it's natural thing to expunge things from the body? Who are we to ask God to take time out of his busy day to bless someone who has absolutely nothing wrong with them? I think I'd rather keep my "Bless You's" for the people who need them, like the sick and dying. So from now on, I will not be blessign you when you sneeze. Can I get an Amen on this?
SNEEZE: involuntary violent expiration of air through the nose and mouth. It results from stimulation of the nervous system in the nose, causing sudden contraction of the muscles of expiration. The stimulus can include any irritating factor in the nose—inflammation of the tissues as the result of a cold or infection, allergic irritants, or irritating substances such as dust or pollutants in the air. An occasional sneeze usually has little significance. Repeated sneezing indicates that some condition of the nose or in the immediate atmosphere requires attention.