Let me tell you about mine. At my office, if you put in your standard 8 hours, and leave "on time", the managers think you don't do any work. This Sunday, we are required to go to one of our mall stores and rearrange the floor, just to show our CEO and other higher ups, what the new layout actually looks like in stores. We are required from 4:00pm to 10:00pm. on SUNDAY! The God proclaimed "Day of Rest". Now, why we can't do this floor move during regular business is pretty much beside all of us little pee-ons. But because we are good little soldiers we will show up, do our part, and go home exhausted having missed Desperate House Wives and Grey's Anatomy. Then on Monday, we have to meet back at the store for God only knows what reason. If that isn't enough to make you mad, I was asked today (By the manager that I like, and also by a co-worker that I like, so it was very hard to say, "go screw yourself".) to go to the store tomorrow at 10:00am and help them ship out some garments that will no longer be in the store prior to the Sunday's move. Maybe I should just move my desk to the store.
There is a reason why I got out of store management. I HATE moving crap around for some fancy pants Corporate official that comes in for a few minutes, criticises the place, and then goes back to his office. Actually, I loved it once, but then I got tired of the Bull pucky. Plus, my anal retentive nature is really more suited for an office where I can analyze data and create pretty spreadsheets that I have locked so no one can mess it up but me. I used to work in Mens Ties. Do you know how anoying it is to spend hours on a tie table making them all perfect (like little soldiers), only to have a customer come up, pull one out the lineup, decide they don't want it, and drop it back on the table with no regard to my hard work!? Grrrr.
OK I might have some unresolved issues.