Monday, February 26, 2007

Class

Thursday and Friday I was in class. I am taking some, let's call them, "Extended Education" classes to learn more about HTML and web design. I'm really loving it. I wish that when I was in college I had known more about this business.

I also noticed that I am a little bit better rounded than some other people in this field. For the most part, people are either technical or creative. I have discovered that I am both. Something I never thought was extraordinary until I started taking these classes. I really enjoy the technical side to things. (i.e. numbers crunching, spreadsheets, data driven analysis, and we can't forget my favorite... Charts and graphs.) I could analyse things for days and days. But I could also design and be crafty for days as well.

I've just taken the "101" courses for a few things, and I've learned some good tips. I'm glad I decided to mention to my boss that I'm interested in being more creative an influential at work. I'm also glad that she actually has taken action to help me with that goal. I'm now completely redesigning one web site (a small site, but still, it's a site, and it's all mine.), am Project Manager of another (of which I've completely designed and build part of the site that will go live in a couple months.), plus the stuff I'm taking on with the main site. All in all I'm a happy camper. The smaller projects are really what is keeping me interested.

Well, this is a pretty boring blog. So I'll get moving on.