I haven't written anything for a few days. So let me give you a synopsis.
Monday the temperature was NEGATIVE TWENTY-THREE degrees out. The high got to like negative ten. I woke up to no heat in my town home. Yep. You heard me. No heat. So I wound up spending 1/2 of my work day at the house cleaning, watching the View (Which I think is totally annoying btw), and waiting for the dude to fix it. By about 11:30, and two trips to the store later, he proclaimed, "It's running!" from my garage. So I hollered back, "Yippee!". I then waited for the place to heat up before heading back to the office. This time at home though, allowed me to finish construction on my laptop sleeve for my next business trip. So all was not completely lost.
Today, which is Wednesday, the temperature is NEGATIVE TWENTY-FOUR. (Why did people settle here? Why?) Want to know what I woke up to? If you guessed no heat. You'd win a prize! I am pissed. So I called my apt office, and hopefully the dude is out there right now fixing it. Back to this morning. I was moving Jax out of the living room and into my bedroom. (Hiding her from da'man.) I noticed that there was no poop in her cage. While normally I'd be very happy to not see poop. I realized that this meant something was wrong with her because I cleaned that cage on Monday night, and there is no poop. I noticed that she had also not eaten any food from last night either. She did eat a carrot I gave her, and a yogurt treat, so at least she ate something last night. But this morning, she wouldn't take a treat, nor would she eat her carrot. (Two things she usually freaks out in excitement to get.) So something's wrong with her.
To top all this off, my co-worker came in late yesterday because she came home to a screaming cat. Her cat had been having trouble pooping for a couple days, and this was the last straw for that poor cat, because she says she's never heard him scream like that before. So she rushed him to the Vet, and he had to have emergency surgery. Had he not had the surgery, he wouldn't have made it through the night. So that really freaks me out, now that Jax seems to be having a similar problem.
So today I will be bringing my bunny to the vet and dropping $100 that I don't have. Fun days, eh?