My husband is starting to recognize my scrap booking vendors. Sadly, he's got marked in his brain the most expensive stuff too. One brand in particular is in his mind. Sizzix, which is an expensive cut-out system that provides die-cuts for nicer pieces. The other day he saw that I was looking at a Sizzix receipt. (I order products online straight from the company. It's cheaper.) So he asks me, "What is that?", and I say, "Nothing", and he says, "I see that that's a receipt from that expensive Sizzix stuff. Did you buy something?" Me, "No, just looking at an old receipt." (lies) They had a really great sale on some stuff I've been wanting for my wedding scrapbook. So I bought $90 worth of stuff for $50. Great deal!
I am going to guess that my friend Kai is now saying, "Club KB, why so many lies? Why?" Well my friend, I'll tell you why. It's just easier that way. My husband forks over thousands of dollars on all his expensive gadgets, yet if I spend $100 on something he deems unworthy, I receive a bunch of grief for it. So when I lie about it, I save my husband some breath. And really, it's all about making sure my man is comfortable. And if he's using his breath to spew out useless chatter, then it's my duty as the wife to do all I can to prevent that. Besides, he just bought himself a GPS system that wasn't cheap, and is installing auto start in his truck today. So if I want to spend a bunch of money on scrap booking crap, I will by golly!