Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Holy Crap!

I guess I'm having a good week and didn't even realize it.  I went to a meeting, and when I came back there was a little St. Patties Day package on my desk.  So in my head I say, "Cool candy!  Wonder what this is for?"  I read the attached note.  Here is what it says:
 
"KB is the quintessential multi-tasker; she willingly takes on projects that range from exciting and challenging to tedious and routine. Her positive attitude and "can-do" spirit help solve problems...  KB effectively communicates with other departments in order to resolve issues.  She's also willing to share any technical information she has gleamed from her research about e-commerce and the industry, and she contributes many creative ideas to drive more traffic to these sites. KB's enthusiasm and professionalism make her a terrific asset to the company.
--Nominated by Anonymous, Web"
 
Holy Crap.  I almost cried.  I was nominated for employee of the month!  I've always wanted to nominated for EOM, but never have been.  I'm totally shocked.  All this time I have been thinking I am not effective and that I should be trying to get more involved with things that I can effect.  Wow.  I'm shocked.  Just shocked.  I don't know what to do.  Do I just shout out a big thanks to everyone on my team, since it's anonymous and don't know who it is?  I don't want to come off as gloating though.  So then do I just ignore this little package and pretend it doesn't exist?  I want to share the candy with everyone on my team though.  So maybe I do mention it to everyone and say, "Thanks!  Eat some candy!"  I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but it really makes my day.  Especially with the way I've been feeling lately.
 
Wow.....  sigh....  OK.  Back to work!  (Or maybe this means I don't have to work anymore???  ha!  Just kidding.)
 
Now I have to go weigh in at WW.  Yulk.  That's going to be bad news.  I just know it.