Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Body Worlds Exhibit Anyone?

This weekend DJ is making me go to the Museum of Science to see the Body Worlds exhibit. If you haven't heard it's about 200 real dead bodies that are preserved in a process called Plastination. Some or most (I guess) are posed in different "active" positions like running, jumping, playing chess, etc. I saw one on the news that is standing up, muscles exposed, holding his/her skin. I have a feeling this is going to be hard for me to get through. I'm not too keen on the idea that they are real dead bodies. Even if the people really did donate their bodies to this cause. It's just creepy. Maybe I can find out why the hell my thumb hasn't stopped throbbing since I lopped the top off 6 days ago.

Checkout the Gallery. It's interesting, and creepy all at the same time. I'll give a review after my visit.

Gallery: http://www.smm.org/bodyworlds/gallery/
Video Introduction: http://www.smm.org/bodyworlds/video/
Official Website: http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html