Da da da. Another one bites the dust. Da da da. Another one bites the dust….
(FYI: I've tried to post this post for a few days now. Finally. I got it to work, but it's a couple days old. So where were we? Oh, yeah Da da da. Another one bites the dust...)
One of my high school best friends told me some happy news yesterday. She even thought she was being clever by predicting what I was going to write in my blog. Well, she was only right about one thing that she wrote for me. She has crossed over to the darkside. (I hear that Darth Vader needed a few more recruits anyway. Better her than me!) I’ve lost another married without kids, to Babyland. Hopefully she won't join the world of “prego-zilla”, which is an even darker place than Babyland. I'm sad that I can't be there to help keep her sane from all the crazed in-laws.
I’ve already filled her in on a few things she could do to keep her loved ones posted. Like starting a prego blog that can also share images, etc. but locks out anyone that doesn’t have a password. She’s not very far along, but I can’t wait to see the first images of little alien lilababe. Congrats again to you and lilaboy. I guess you better go replace your broken camera and quick!
Here’s what iVilliage has to say about what's going on with her right now:
Your baby's head is quite big, due to the rapid growth of the brain. The upper limbs resemble paddles. Your baby-to-be's heart begins to separate into four chambers, and blood is circulating throughout the body. Intestines form within the umbilical cord, but will later migrate back into the abdominal cavity. In the next few days, foot plates, with the beginnings of toe rays, will appear. The external ears are now present. Your baby is now 10 to 13 millimeters long -- about the size of a cherry. The cells that will become either testes or ovaries arrive, but there is no obvious sign of gender yet. Muscle contractions are beginning, but these early "movements" are not yet perceptible.
The first trimester is especially important when it comes to your baby's healthy development. This is the time that most parts of the body are formed and rapid brain development occurs. It is important to consume neither alcohol nor tobacco products. Speak to your practitioner about the safety of continuing prescription medicines and herbal treatments. Reduce or eliminate caffeine intake as well. Recent studies have indicated that more than a few cups of coffee a day may be linked to an increased risk of miscarriage.