Thursday, November 30, 2006

Famous Footwear

I learned something new about FF. Not only do they send you a $10 gift certificate for the month of your birthday (If you belong to their frequent shopper program) but if they don't have the size shoe you want, they will mail it to you for free! This is awesome! I can remember many times I've passed on a shoe because they didn't have my size. Now that I know they can just mail it to me, I won't ever have to pass up a shoe I desire again!

I really liked these Steve Maddens, but they were $80, and too cheaply made for that price. Not even real leather. So I resisted the urge to waist my money on them (Even though someone else could totally waist their own money on them for me.)

Steve Madden Women's Chucky
Instead I bought these.
White Mountain Women's Magic

Which are also not real leather, but for $39 ($49-my $10) I can live with it. They will be appearing in my mailbox within 7-10 business days thank you. Then I can get rid of the pair that I almost broke my neck in last winter with a lose heal. I really thought I was gonna go down that day. But I didn't. I have great balance you know. Then, because they were having a buy one get the other 1/2 off sale, I bought these.


MUDD Women's Toni
These I'll be wearing tomorrow.


Shoe shopping alone isn't 1/2 as much fun as it used to be when CR and I would take off after work to shoe stores around town. He'd always wind up with more shoes than me (All looking curiously similar), but it was always a lot of fun. We'd walk in, part ways, and meet up again to show e/o what we found. It's just no the same with my husband. It starts out the same, we walk in, part ways, and but then he really doesn't care what I've found in the end. Then I wind up spending an extra 1/2 hour looking at some stupid boot that he doesn't know for sure if he should buy or not. Most of the time, I walk out with 2 pairs, and he walks out with none. He needs to learn how to purchase. I'm working on that. :o)


This reminds me of another story too. A couple weeks ago, I bought myself a new handbag. (Impulse buy at when I was shopping for Christmas gifts) I figured that DJ wouldn't notice it because I have many purses that I change out frequently. It was sitting on the steps when he came home, and the first thing he says to me was, "New purse huh?". And since I had just gone off on how broke I was going to be this Christmas season. My first instict was to lie to him. Instead I told him, "Maybe it is just new to you. I have lots of bags you know. and if you're keeping track of all my handbags, then I have to wonder about you." So, well, that's not really a lie. It was more of an observation. Neither accept or deny the accusation. That's what our politicians motto is isn't it?