Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So Tired, and Cramping

I got home last night from the lake at 11:00. Then, I couldn't sleep so I started to read. This was a bad idea, because it got my mind working, then I couldn't go to sleep because I was thinking about the characters in my book.

Before I recap my Memorial Day Weekend, I have to tell y'all that I heard from a friend of mine that I haven't talked to since I moved. Well, we emailed at first, but then she had a baby and we stopped emailing because she was busy I am guessing, and not near a computer everyday like she used to be. Anyway. I emailed her to tell her that "our favorite" manager at our old office got canned. I figured if this bit of news didn't elicit a response from her, then she no longer checks that email address. :o) Well, she responded, and I'm totally happy to hear from her. Yippie!

So here are the not so exciting haps of my weekend. I know some of you will ask me about it if I don't post it, so I'm posting it so I don't have to repeat it. But I'm warning you, I'm sure it's going to be a bland read.

Here goes. Friday I got out of work at 2:00. My office rocks so hard that they ACTUALLY let you out early for holidays. (I think I like this office, it runs more like a normal office. Even though I'm bored a lot here.) Instead of driving off to the big W, I decided to go home and take a much needed, much longed for nap. My Friday night went like this.
2:15 arrive home, let rabbit out, lay down on couch.
3:45 open one eye, glance at clock, fall back asleep.
5:30 open eye again, glance at clock, think about getting up, fall back asleep
6:50 open eye again, see rabbit staring at me, start wondering if she's going to pounce, and get up before she pounces. (I think she must have been pissed that I hadn't moved in so long, or else thought I was dead). I move to the floor to pet her where I lay for another 1/2 hour while I watch Sex and the City Season 3 Disc 3.
10:30 Turn TV off and go to bed.
I told you I was very tired.

I woke up ready for the day on Saturday. I had to drive to the Cities to do my final walk-thru of the apartment. That was totally not worth my time. The regular lady, whom I think would have been a lot more strict, was not there, and another lady was. That lady just basically opened my cabinets and stuff and then had me sign the paper. I am assuming this means nothing was wrong and I will be getting my deposit back. Woo hoo! That will go toward my grill money! She did tell me I did a great job! Her actual words were, "You did a great job club kb. Really." Which made me wonder what other people's apartments look like when they move out? But I do think I did a great job! :o)

So after that, I called my friend Jordan up and pulled her away from her busy day of pool sitting and baking. (Making yourself look freakishly tan takes a lot of time and effort.) She, her cousin, and I went to Don Pablos to eat. This was around 3:30-4:00. I was the only one to drink, and my margarita was literally the size of my head. I loved it! After that, we went back to her place and just lounged around until my mom called me. I met my mom for dinner at a restaurant called Chevy's, which turned out to also be a Mexican restaurant (not a very good one though). So I ordered the appetizer quesadillas. (I only ate 2 out of the 8 triangles) My mom ordered some sort of sampler plate that we both could have eaten off of. She didn't' like most of the stuff on there, so I got to take home my quesadillas, and her left overs. I left them in D's fridge. He better eat them, because if they go to waste I'm totally going to be pissed off! He never looks into containers. I swear, if the container isn't see through, he doesn't know it's there. Then, I bid farewell to my mom, and headed to the MOA (since it was right next door to the restaurant).

I was looking for some sort of terry cloth outfit that I could wear comfortably at the lake all weekend, but apparently that trend it out. I couldn't find anything cute. So now I have to make myself a cute outfit for lake lounging. (This will be added to my project list and priorities accordingly.) Then I headed back to the big W. I got there around midnight just in time to fight with my husband before going to bed. Apparently, "Hi honey, lets get in the shower and make out" pisses a man off. I guess he's been frustrated with me for a while because he totally let me have it. Apparently, I'm not being supportive when I whine that I don't get to see him. He's been really stressed out the last couple of weeks. There are two times of the year we have issues. Seeding, and then again at Harvest. It's always the same issue. I'm lonely and feel neglected because his farming steals him away, and he's too tired to pretend to care.

Sunday I decided that since no one was going to the lake (in-laws) included. I'd call my favorite Sister-in-laws up and organize a drunken lake get away with them. The were in, but then SIL #1 (born in one) spilled to my MIL that we were headed up at 10:00 then she decided to join us. No problem though. Me and SIL #2 (The married in one) headed off to the lake asap to have some alone time. We got there, inflated our floaties, hooked up her her two ugly Chihuahuas to chains, and headed out to the beach.
(<-the one on the left is a long haired Chihuahua, and the other one is the normal ugly kind. She's still a puppy)

Problem #1: It was windier than all get out
Problem #2: Do you know how hard it is to carry a floatie when it's windier than all get out? and carry your beer? and two dogs?
Problem #3: It was so windy the water was washing a bunch of reeds and muck onto the beach shore.
Problem #4: The Sun is the devil. DEVIL I TELL YOU!

We placed our floaties with our feet in the water, and our butts on the shore. Sat and drank while the reeds and muck washed up around us. But we didn't care - Think of it as a free expensive spa treatment. The water was pretty warm. An hour or so passed before we were joined by the other SIL and MIL. We headed in when a huge rotting fish carcuss tried to wash up onto our floaties. We headed to the other side of the lake, where it was calmer, and got in and floated around for another hour or so to get our back sides. Remember how I mentioned the Sun is the devil? Well, did you notice I didnt' mention any use of sunscreen? Stupid whities were so excited about the sun, the beach, and getting tan, that we forgot about applying sunscreen. And with the length of time we spent out there we very quickly learned the error of our ways. We have dubbed ourselves the 3 Tomatoes. (Cherry, Beefeater, and Ketchup.)
(<-This is Cherry Tomatoe's interesting burn marks. For some reason a small section of her legs did not burn. The photo is dark, but if you look closely, you can see one little white circle on each knee)
(This is Ketchup's fancy beauty mark from the weekend's escapades->.)


By the next day, my burn was so bad, I didn't even want to see the sun. It hurt to much to even go outside. Even with a long sleeved shirt on. So I stayed in the shade, and lounged around with my man when he arrived around noon on Monday. Last night it hurt so bad to sleep. I like to sleep on my stomache, and my boobs hurt so bad with pressure applied that I settled for laying on my back, where it took me twice as long to fall asleep.

Today however, the bright red has turned to pink, and at least my burn is even. I suspect that it will turn to tan by tomorrow. Oh, and the later part of my title? Oh, yeah. I'm fixin' to get my period, so not only am I uncomforatable with my burn, I am uncomforatable with my bloating and cramping.

The Sun is the devil.