Friday: I was supposed to meet with the last bridesmaid before the rehearsal dinner. Turns out, she went out Thursday night and had a hang over. Therefore sleeping in, hence, resulting in her leaving her place late, making her late for the rehearsal dinner. So I wound up having to run off to the church to fit her around 8:00. The dress was still too big. (I learned something about alterations. But that's another story.) So I had to go home, and take it in, and hem it. This took me until around 11:00. Meanwhile, while I was at home sewing, my family was up at the liquor store getting wasted. My dad was so hung over the next day, he barely made it through the ceremony, and didn't even go to the reception and dance.
Saturday: Wedding Day I got a call to come help one of the bridesmaids zip her top. Turns out, she got it stuck. Don't ask me how. So I was Super Seamstress! To the Rescue! I should have just followed them to the church because another bridesmaid was getting dresses there. She wanted me to pin her bra straps in because they kept falling down. So once again, super hero Seamstress Lady went off to the church to help. All in all the wedding went well. I was surprised to see my name in my cousin's wedding pamphlet as the seamstress. Then at the dinner she stood up and thanked me in front of everyone. This was a little embarrassing, and then throughout the night I had people coming up to me telling me how fabulous I was. Now, I know you are thinking that is fabulous, who doesn't like compliments? But it was starting to make me feel self conscience. I don't exactly view my "old lady" habit of making things from scratch as a talent. I think pretty much anyone can cut out a pattern and sew something.
Let's see, highlights of the evening:
- The devil wore a short black dress. I was very surprised at this, and even she came to my house before the wedding looking for a safety pin her boobs in.
- The flower girl didn't even make an appearance down the isle, and she was the cutest one of all.
- Everyone loved my outfit. A kb original creation. Of course!
- My sister was her annoying self with her camera. Apparently her and her man (an ex good friend of mine) have decided they think they are professional photographers and are always annoying people with taking pictures of everything under the sun. Since she was being pretty annoying. I just asked her to send me copies of the pictures she takes. We'll see if that happens. I might wind up without any photos of my cousins wedding. She was just being so annoying about it all, I didn't want to contribute to the annoyingness. Nor did I want to be associated with her announcement.
- I knew a lot of people at the wedding. I think this was due to my night out on the town with the girls the past several weekends. I figured that I have partied with my SIL, cousin & cousins friends for the past 5 weekends in a row. All night long I had a friend around me. I had a lot of fun all night long.
- Meanwhile, the devil sat at a table with relatives not up for dancing or socializing outside of their circle, all night long. At one point in the evening she asked me if I'd go out and dance with her. So I did. I was drunk, and didn't care too much. After one song, she disappeared.
- Throughout the night 3 different girls told me how much they didn't like my sister, how she was snobby, and bitchy. See, other people do catch on to her ways. :o) I tried very hard to keep myself objective, bu of course by the third girl, I was probably a little less subtle.
- I did hear the bitch make a couple snide comments about me to family members. But since it was pretty obvious who the stuck up loser was, I just ignored it.
- The bride looked very lovely, and her dresses bustle was so damned cute!
- Thank God I have no more dresses to worry about! It's now off to scrapbooking!
Sunday-Tuesday: I took Monday and Tuesday off to spend with my mom. My dad, and sister flew out on Monday, so I went with to the cities. After we dropped them off, my mom and I went shopping. Although my wallet is pinched pretty thin at the moment. I bought myself two new pieces of luggage. I desperately need it before June 6th, when I have a business trip in Chicago. I did pretty well. Other than that one expensive purchase, I managed to spend a few bucks here and there on some good deals.
Tuesday night we had a big storm. I had intentions of having dinner at my grandmothers, then heading back to my apartment in the city. It was raining, and lighting so hard, that when I left my gma's house, I couldn't see the road. So I just headed to the house in town. I decided to spend the night there and head out for the office in the morning. This was so nice since usually my drive is 3 hours from the house. Now it's only 1 hour! It was totally awesome! I thought the husband would be happy to see me, but since he has been burning the candle at both ends trying to get the fields seeded, he was exhausted and I didn't even get to see an erection. Not even a token salute. But at least the storm rinsed all the dirt off of my car!
So that's my recap of last weekend. I hope you enjoyed it!