Friday, June 16, 2006

Anyone Feel Sorry For Britney?

So I admit it. I watched the Matt Lauer special with Britney Spears-Federline. Hey, it was either that or So You Think You Can Dance.

Well, I have to say, her tactless, eyelash fallin' off, gum chewing self had a couple of good points. Although I watched a little in fear, just waiting for one of those boobs to fall out. Don't get me wrong. She's totally a red neck trying to be glamourous, but I was impressed that she brought up that noone gave Julia roberts a lot of crap for dating her now husband while he was still married, like the public has given Britney flack for dating Kevin while his exgirlfriend was knocked up. I just think she's podunk in a big world. Looks like she finally dropped the, "I'm so sweet" fake routine. If you ask me, she should have dropped that a long time ago, and she'd have less problems with the public making fun of her now. Pick an identity and stick with it already!

No one's perfect, so why do we expect our celebrities to be? Although I do have to say, that if you are a celebrity, didn't you bring the publics intrusions on yourself, and shouldn't you shape up when you're out in public because of it? I think so. And someone should have told her to spit out her gum while she was on camera too.