This weekend I finally got my way. I got to do very little, and get some rest too. As it turns out, there was much to do this weekend by way of activities. There was an old car show, the county fair, a rodeo, a local street dance and festivities, family reunion (on the hubbies side), and of course, my coveted need for sleep.
There was long debate as to what it was we should do. We finally agreed to go to the rodeo, and then be low key for the weekend. We hitched a ride with my B&SIL and headed off to some other small town where the rodeo was being held. What makes this rodeo unique is that it's in the middle of hill country, and the arena sits low on the hills, while the hills make up the stadium seating. Bring your own chairs of course. I took some pics, which I've posted, but they just don't do the countryside justice. I could imagine when it's not populated with 5000 people, that it's very peacful. And since the skitos (aka mosquitos) aren't out yet, it'd be nice to sit out on the hillside and read a good book.

Another fun activity this weekend was some Biker Ride for the Zoo. I don't know how many bikers came rolling through our small town on Saturday afternoon, but it looked like thousands. I took pics of them lining Main Street. I'm going to guess that there were actually 500 bikers there. Once again, my photos don't do a very good job of picturing all these bikers, but there are there for your enjoyment!