Friday, June 16, 2006

Everybody's Workin' For the Weekend!

Maybe I'm just in a song analogy mood this week or something...

I'm totally tired and ready for the weekend. Although I have only worked 3 days this week. I seem to have developed a somewhat serious aversion to sleeping at night lately. I'm tired. Exhausted actually around 10:00 every night. Sometimes I keep myself awake until 11 or later just so I will actually fall asleep when I go to bed. This has stopped working. Although I'm getting less sleep at night, I wake up in the morning ready to go, and usually don't feel tired until around 2:00. Then I really wish I had a cot somewhere in the office.

Wednesday I thought, well, I'll just nap when I get home, and the stay up later. When I layed down to nap, I was totally tired. I layed there for 20 minutes, and still was not asleep! I couldn't even nap! And I LOVE to nap! So last night, I went home, and had a whole list of crap to do. I started to work, and felt totally weird. So I sat down on the couch for a minute. That minute turned into 2 hours of heaven! I fell asleep with the TV on, and woke up 2 hours later. I woke up because I heard Jax doing something. I totally think I could have slept some more, but I figured I had just screwed myself out of a good nights sleep so I had better get up and do stuff. I went to bed around 11:00, couldn't sleep, read some, and finally decided to lay there until I fell asleep around midnight.

This morning I am totally exhausted. I have a flight of stairs to walk up to get to my office. I thought I wasn't going to make it! I thought I was gonna have to take a break in the stairwell. Luckily I made it to my desk, and all I wanted to do was put my head down and nap. But lucky me. Today was one of those days my boss decided to get here on time. So I logged on, and have been drudging through the day ever sense. Boy I can't wait to go home.