Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Did Something Rather Embarrassing

Rarely do I do something that is totally embarrassing. Usually when I do dumb things, I accept as "That's just how I roll man!" Yesterday was a rare exception. Imagine if you will, a somewhat attractive young woman sitting at her desk, becoming increasingly annoyed by the rattle coming from the ceiling. This woman, at wits end, decides to climb up onto her desk, to move things around to stop the noise. On the way back down, she thinks, "I probably shouldn't try to get back on my rolling chair to get down." So instead, she uses the chair to steady herself as she jumps to the floor. What happened? Chair goes rolling away, woman hits the wall, then rolls over the chair onto the ground, as things in her cube go tumbling after her.

Since I realize how stupid I was, I hop up like nothing happened as everyone is running toward my cube to see what the hell just happened! So I'm picking things up, hair all frazzled, telling everyone I'm fine. But really, the back of my right thigh where I landed on my chair is burning, and I think I could possibly be bleeding. My left knee is also killing me because that one landed somewhere on the chair as well. After sitting at my desk for a while, I decided to hobble as best I could to the bathroom to see if there was any bleeding. Well, there wasn't thank goodness, but my legs really hurt. Last night I kept crossing my legs and causing myself pain. Today I am bruised, but luckily not as bad as I thought I was going to bruise.

It was so embarrassing. I don't know what I was thinking.