I just spent $71 at target shopping for baby presents for two of my prego friends! Well, 1 1/2 presents. And, to be fair, I bought a pair of pants for myself for $15. But still, that's a lot of fricking money I'm spending on my friends babies! I'm starting to feel like Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City when she registers herself at the shoe store because she is marrying herself just to get her friend to buy her the pair of shoes that were stolen from her house while attending a baby shower.
All I have to say, is that these friends better still be around by the time I have babies, because they owe me! Big time! Yeah Blac I'm talkin' bout you too! Little miss I have 3 babies now. Don't you realize how broke you make me? :o) Just kidding. If I know I'll be paid back in full with gifts and love for my kids, it'll be from my friend Blac. So she's sort of exempt from my rant. I was just shocked when I heard the final bill because I hadn't bought that much. Believe me that wrapping paper and other crap to make the packages pretty adds up!
I did get an idea on the way back to the office though. I forgot to buy cards. Noone cares about the cards anyway, which is why I always forget them. So I decided I am going to make my own cute little cards/tag to label the gifts with instead. If they turn out cute that is. Otherwise I'm not forking out more money just for a card. Call me cheap if you must, but I know noone cares about the card so why spend a bunch of money on them.