Friday, September 01, 2006

My SIL Talks in Her Sleep

My SIL has been staying with me for a couple of days while she's homeless and waiting for her new apartment to be ready. This will be her first apartment by herself, no roommates. It's just down the street from me, so I'm pretty excited. We will be able to excersize together and stuff. Plus just hang out. We're already planning on having a Grey's Anatomy watching party.

Anyway. This morning I woke up because I heard voices. I thought they were in my house. So I listened for a while wondering if my SIL was up and watching TV. Or maybe she fell asleep and the TV was still on. Then it sounded a little more muffled, so I thought it might be my neighbors up and about already.

So then I kept hearing it, and I had to put in my earplugs so I could fall back asleep. I got up at 6:15, and heard it as soon as I took out my plugs. So I walk down my hall into the bathroom, and I hear my SIL. She's been talking in her sleep for at least an hour and a half! At like full voice! Her door was closed, my door was closed, and I could still hear her. It was hilarious! I was too tired, and in a little bit of a hurry to get read for work, or else I would have eavesdropped and tried to find out what she was saying. I can't believe that she can talk in her sleep for that long of time! Usually if a person talks in their sleep it's only a couple incoherent words. Or at least in my expierience that's been the case. My highschool best friend used to talk in her sleep from time to time, and that is what she used to do. Just mumble something weird enough to freak me out.

So now I'm thinking that I feel sorry for her boyfriend because if she has these long convos in her sleep, he probably doesn't get much sleep! ha!