It's only 11:19 am on Tuesday and I'm already ready for the weekend. I've been noticing that I don't want to be in the office much these days. I don't think it has anything to do with my job really. I just find myself wanting to work out of my house, and make my own hours. (Even though I have no idea what I'd like to do out of my house.) Plus, I have so much going on outside of work right now, I'd rather be working on my own projects. I am even starting to feel like, be prepared to gasp, maybe not working at all. (The horror I know) Then I could really do whatever my own agenda leads me to do.
I guess the big reason I haven't put much effort into deciding what I want to do (even though my list of options is growing) is the fear that I might not be successful in it. Which would really suck. Plus, then I couldn't pass the blame off like I could in corporate. Even though I don't do that now, nor do I think I ever would. But I like the idea that I could should I feel the need. I'm also not a big wig so anything that happens in this place really doesn't get blamed on me anyway.
One project I am working on currently is scrapbooking tons and tons of photos that I've collected over the years. It first started out with me wanting to just narrate and put my feelings, etc in with the photos. Then I decided that I really liked some of the things I've seen with all the scrapbooking crap going on right now. So now I've joined the ranks of millions of scrapbooker freaks around the world. I still don't think I'm to the uber freaky caliber yet. I think I haven't even made it to freaky. I don't want my pages to look like a 3rd grade craft project, but I do want them to be classic and clean and fun to look through for people when I'm no longer around. Maybe I'm just a mini freak.
Basically all this came about because I still have not scrapbooked the photos from my wedding. You know, all those photos that friends and family share with you that you would not have had otherwise. Then I decided I wanted to keep some trinkets and things I had that mattered to me at the time as well. I still have not scrapbooked my wedding photos, but I've done several other people's weddings, as well as other sets of photos that needed it. I think I am almost ready to work on my wedding photos though. I've got a new printer, bought the program I've been wanting for graphic design, and have built up a good arsenal of papers and accessories to go with my wedding theme.
If you're lucky, maybe I'll post a couple of my favorite pages so far.
If you're really lucky, I won't make this a topic of too many future blogs!