Thursday, September 14, 2006

Shopping Revelations

I just got back from shopping at what they call a mall here in town. I went there because in order for me to get my new Macy's card, I have to go to the store and use my old Foley's card. Once it shows that I'm active again, they'll issue me a Macy's card. (My Foley's card has been inactive for 2 years since the only place I can use it is down south.)

Anyway. I didn't find a single thing I wanted to buy in Macy's. So then I went to Herberger's which is a department store up here that I usually don't find anything in either. So wasn't too shocked when I didn't find anything in there. So it hit me. I don't think I'm a department store shopper anymore. I think I've gotten so old (or is the word mature), that I have moved on to specialty stores. Hopefully, this means my taste has gotten better, but who really knows.

On the other hand, I found tons of stuff at New York & Co, Limited, and Vanity. (That's about as sophisticated as they get around here.) Didn't buy anything. But wanted for much. I'll have to grab my coupon for NY&Co and return again soon.

So the only money I spent at the mall was $5 at this really awesome cajun place in the food court. MMMMMMM Mouth burning, but don't care. mmmmm

So where are you guys and gals shopping these days?