Monday, September 11, 2006

Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?

Last night as I returned home to my empty townhome, I started thinking about what I'd blog about today. I know many people are tired of hearing about September 11, and the war that has drawn out for too long. Then I thought that I'd mention something, but not make it consume my entry. So as not to "offend" anyone. I also feel that I made this decision to shield my own emotions of today.

This morning I came in to work, and two of my lady coworkers were already here. I sat down at my desk after making the normal morning greetings, and proceeded to run my morning reports. While waiting for my reports to run, I started watching/listening to CNN's broadcast of 9/11 in real time. Headphones on. Just as I am watching the second plane hit the second building I overhear my coworkers talking about how the Bushes and the Clintons are both at ground zero asking for a moment of silence. Then I hear snide selfish, bitchy, and rude comments come out of one of the lady's mouths about "How about a moment of silence every time a coffin comes home." and other bitchy things. Well, although I understand her anger with the many that have died protecting our freedom. But I don't appreciated her inability to think outside herself and have some courtesy and respect for those who are in morning right now of all those loved ones. The Bushes and the Clintons are doing what they feel is right to honor and respect those that died, and the loved ones that are still living. As this war continues, Americans are getting more and more selfish and selfcentered. It is a necessity for all American's to respect one another in this time of grieving and sorrow. Any way an American chooses to remember, commemorate, or show their respect is their choice, and should so be honored. Bush is doing what he can on this day, to show his respect, and even if you don't agree with what is happening today, those efforts should be respected.

I hope no one forgets where they were and how they felt on September 11 when these events unfolded. I feel that it is necessary for all those who are self centered, self richeous, uninformed, ambiguous, to use this day to humble themselves to the world, and realize that the world is a very large place, and life, God, and the repercussions of our actions are much larger than any of us and are much larger than one single day. I hope that people use today, not only as a day to morn, but also as a day to remind them to do whatever they can to make a difference in this world.

No man/woman is exempt from anything. Disease, war, death.
No man/woman is better than any other man/woman no matter education, religion, geographic location, or color.