I came into the office today at nine instead of my usual seven-thirty. Here is what I found on my desk. 1 chocolate piece of candy, 1 scored test (65%-pretty shitty I know), 1 medium sized box, a five dollar bill. Which one do you think I picked up first? If you guessed the medium sized box, you'd be correct! It was from a vendor, and I love gifts from vendors. So far I've gathered a large stuffed frog that says "Did It, Dit It" instead of "Ribbit", a plastic treasure chest with key that holds a treasure map, a squishy shopping cart thing, some blue goo that is similar to silly putty, a squishy cactus, a little rainbow slinky, and some "gold nugget" chewing gum that I have next to my "Texas" frame of me and DJ in the blue bonnets (Our engagement photo).
So I open the box. It's a good one. It's a miniature shopping cart, and some sticky notes with the companies logo on it. The wheels actually more, so I can roll it across my desk if I wanted to. OK. I did. I totally want to pull out my Barbies tonight and play "grocery shopping" with her.
Then I pop the candy in my mouth, put the $5 in my purse (this is from my colleague from this weekend. He didn't carry any cash on him, didn't have his debit card, hotel wouldn't cash his check. When the hotel finally cashed his check, he must not have thought to ask for smaller bills so I wound up tipping the bell hops and the taxi driver.), and kick on my hard drive. While I'm waiting for that to boot up, I look at my test results. Apparently the 70% I thought I had to have to pass, was wrong, because not it's telling me I have to have an 80% to pass. What happens if I don't pass? I don't know. Maybe they fire me and I have to go raise chickens. My 65% brings me down to an average of 74% So I guess I have to really care about these next two tests. They actually are taken together which I think really stinks. Why even have a fourth test before the final? Just put them all in one. Whatever. The whole thing is annoying.
Some of you may have noticed one of my tags for this post is, "Announcements, Funerals, Death". Here it is. I got home from the airport last night and called my hubby. He informed me that his father's sister had passed away in the morning. They are planning the funeral for tomorrow. This will make the 4th funeral ever that I have been to. Marrying DJ is totally going to sway my funeral attendance count because all his relatives (aunts, uncles, and other) are already in the 70's and older. He probably attends two a year on average. My boss was totally cool about it. Bereavement isn't allowed for "aunts and uncles" and I have no vacation time. She told me just to take the day off, it was OK with her. So sweet. I get to attend a funeral tomorrow.
One more announcement. I added a new feature to my right sidebar. You can now read past blogs by tag category rather than selecting the past month. You can still go by past months too. That's just been shifted down farther under the tag category listings.