This morning I awoke to TWO inches of snow. TWO FRICKIN'INCHES. Al-freakin- ready. To top it all off, there is a nice layer of ice below the fluffy snow because it rained before it started to snow. So the roads are nice and slick this morning. Oh, I forgot to mention that because I live in the middle of nowhere, where all it is is flat, its always windy. So the snow is also blowing everywhere. I imagine I'll have my own little blizzard for the rest of the winter to deal with.
I've decided there is nothing more scarey than having to trust the idiots turning right, while you are in oncoming the left lane. Watching all those cars turn right next to me, with no median between you really worried me. I'd much rather be responsible for the damage to my own car thank you very much. Especially because it's the first nasty weather up here, so people haven't quite yet put on their snowy-weather thinking caps.
I had my own little adventure when I turned in to get coffee. To get to the speaker, you have to go down to the second turn in to the parking lot, and fall into line. I on occasion, if no one is there, just make a wide turn at the first one, and turn into the speaker. Stupidly, I decided to do this this morning, thinking it'd be safer than going down to the second driveway which looked a lot more snowpacked. Next thing I know, I'm sliding. Right into the curb. Luckily I was already slowed down quite a bit, so even though I hit the curb, I was going very slow. The funny thing was. Someone had done it before me because I slid right in to someone elses tracks! ha! That made me laugh. Quite an adventure for my Grande Lowfat Mint Mocha.
I'll post pictures of the snow later.