Friday, October 06, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday I went to my GP for a couple of things. The #1 driver was that I can't get into my gynecologist until February, and I need to have my birth control refilled. The #2 Driver was that I needed to get an Rx for this headache problem I've been having. (I can't take it anymore!)

So I'm in there and she's just talking to me while giving me my exam. Then I got the "your too fat" lecture. OK. It wasn't like that, she actually did it in a very tricky way. I was almost fooled. She started talking to me about babies, so I told her my stance on that. Then she started talking about activities that my husband and I do. Then she started suggesting things I could do regularly like, "biking is fun", or "rollerblading". Then I mentioned I was thinking about getting a dog, and then she said, "Oh, a dog would be great! You could walk or run with them everyday. Because dogs need to get outside and exercise." I know what she really meant, "You so fat, you should really get out and exercise daily."

She wouldn't perscribe me anything for my headaches, which ticked me off a little, but I guess maybe she's actually a good doctor. She's making keep a headache journal for the next 6 weeks or unless I have another major issue like the last one. Untill then, I guess I get to suffer. She told me to take Excedrin Migraine. I told her that I've already tried that and it doesn't work. So, I guess I get to wait and see.

My SIL called me later and asked if I wanted to get groceries with her. For some reason she doesn't like to grocery shop alone. So I went along although I already did my shopping the day before. I told her my story, and she told me her Dr. told her the same thing b/c she had gained 6 pounds since her last visit. Whatever. 6 pounds is nothing to a college student! Then I told her I had started walking, and am trying to do it daily right after work. So she and I wound up walking from her place to the park, around some residentials and back. It turned out to be pretty far actually. But it was nice because we were talking, and I wasn't thinking the whole time, "I'm so fat, gotta walk. I'm so fat, gotta walk. I'm so fat, gotta walk. God, I wish I could melt like 10 pounds off in this one lap." Instead we talked about here stupid boyfriend that I just wish she'd get rid of already, and other random girl stuff. Then we went back to her place and aite dinner together while watching Grey's Anatomy (of course!) I'm glad they replay it tonight because there are parts I missed because we were talking or cooking.

It was a pretty fun night.