Friday, October 13, 2006
I Was Raped by my Hair Salon
I guess my biggest question from all this is, "Why do we tip our hairstylist when they have their prices inflated so much already?" Yesterday I forked over $90 for a cut and partial color. Normally, I pay $35 for a haircut. (Which I love because I used to pay $60. Another perk for moving to a smaller city.) However, as I was writing out my check yesterday I started thinking, "Why do I tip her? She sets her own prices, and I know that little bottle of bleach that she used, didn't cost her no $22 (assuming it cost her 1/2 of the cost of the color)". She's already making good money off of me. It only took her 20 minutes to do the coloring too. So let's just say it cost her $22 for the supplies. That would mean she's billing me $69/hour. Besides, I got there on time, and she wasn't ready for me for another 1/2 an hour. So why the heck am I tipping her? I've decided, I'm not tipping her anymore. Well, I will tip her, but not much. I'm going to just round up to the nearest 5. So if my bill is 35, she's getting 5.