Wednesday, July 19, 2006

After Two Years

I heard an article on the radio about exchanging your wedding diamond for a bigger one. I looked down at my ring and thought back to when I got it. When I first saw my ring in the store, with my friend Lilagirl, I thought I wanted a bigger center stone (should it become my ring). However, when it found it's permanent residence on my left finger, I have never wished it to be any different. Looking at my pretty ring sparkling in the daylight, I still would not want to change a single thing about it. (Other than get it cleaned.)

Two years later, the band now has a couple little imperfections. One from when I was trying to take it off to show my husband something and it went flying across the sidewalk, and other small scratches that just occur while a person lives life. Although nicks and scratches are not something I usually covet, I look forward to the days when I'm old and when my grandkids look at down at my ring and ask me about it. The diamonds will still sparkle, and the band will reflect the story of my married life through all it's tiny little scratches, nicks, and dings.