Holy cow. Last night, I couldn't sleep. So I put in my Sex and the City Season 4 Disk. My friend CR got me into watching this show after he told me I had to watch the UPN versions because they are so great. I started watching and thought, "yeah, whatever. Nothing so great". Then he told me I had to watch the real shows. So I borrowed his, and have been catching up ever since.
The first episode of the new season isn't too exciting. It's the one where Carrie and Aidian get into a fight about their living quarters and his dog eats one of her shoes. Ehhh... I've seen better episodes.
Anywhoo. I'm almost finished with the episode when Sam's boyfriend Richard takes off his pants to jump into the pool, and "What the?! Did I just see his dick?" So of course I had to rewind. Then of course I had to slow it down, change the angle, and pause it, then zoom. Yep. I saw dick. Actually, I saw Dicks dick. The pun amused me even more. In the episode, Samantha tells the girl about how Richard has this perfect pink dick. So after examining it for a while, I decided my husband's was better and continued to watch the show. You definately don't see THAT on the UPN versions that's for sure!
Now, some of you are wondering why I am mentioning this on my blog. It always annoys me how there is full frontal nudety of women on regular shows and movies, but when a man shows himself completely, if it's left in, it's only ever on an X rated movie or porn. So I was quite surprised that a TV show (even though HBO) would actually show it.
I can only name a couple of main stream movies where you see full frontal man. Of course, those instances are still not treated equal. Full frontal man usually happens in a split second so you can't really get a good look at the goods. Women on the other hand. They can spend anywhere from minutes to entire sceens completely nude. Why is it such a big deal to show a man completely nude? And why does a full frontal man usually warrant the X rating? I think it's a stupid double standard, and I applaud any TV Show or Movie that blurs those lines!