Oh, the heat!
So it's been like 95 and higher here in good ole North Dakota/Minnesota for 19 days in a row. It's hot. And not only is it hot, it's hot and sticky. Smoldering sticking. Nothing like the heat I am used to in Texas. My body is sweating from places I didn't even know could sweat. Like the back of your knees. Everyone is giving me crap because I don't appreciate the heat out here, and I'm like well, the heat down south is a dryer heat, so it's not so torturesome. Plus, I've been up north for 2 years. (And have been freezing pretty much the whole time too) And another thing. In Texas, we don't stay outside for hours on end. We have a happy medium between outdoor activity and indoor lounging.
One good thing though. It was too hot for his parents to go to the lake, so we decided to go on Sunday so we could have some alone time up there. It was nice! I sort of wish it'd be 108 more often up here! We'd have more alone time at the lake! Besides the fact that the little air conditioner didn't really cool us down much, and that the sunfish were biting - us that is. It was pretty nice and refreshing to lounge around the lake in our floaties. You just had to keep moving or else the sunfish cross paranas would get you. It's totally weird. I've never heard of fish actually biting people. Not little ones anyway. It must be so hot in the water that they are suffering from dementia.