Monday, July 17, 2006

Long Drive to the Cities

This weekend I drove up to the Cities. (That's going to totally kill my friend Jordan because technically it's down, and we go round and round about how "going up to" is just a phrase that is all encompassing. But it totally anoys her. I see her now correcting me in her mind as she reads this.) Actually, Jordan is the one I went to see this weekend.

We had originally planned a pool party, then after a few people we invited said they couldn't make it, we just turned it into a girlfriends bonding weekend for us. It's been planned for weeks.
Well, my "loving husband" (as SM would call him) decided to tag along at the last minute. (There goes the talking about my issues) But I didn't mind really. It would just require a change in venue for me and Jordan.

Let me tell you. I have driven to and from the cities many many times over the past 2 years. And usually it's not a bad drive. From Wheaton, it's a 2 1/2 hour drive (if you speed). From Fargo, it's a 3 1/2 hour drive. I haven't driven to the cities since May 23rd when I went with my family. Let me tell you how long the drive felt this time around. First off. My wonderful loving husband was not feeling well, but was in denial about it. So he was a killjoy for most of the weekend. I drove, in the car, with him, for 3 1/2 hours. Most of that ride was in silence because he either didn't want to talk, or was sleeping. How was the drive home? The same.

So we get there and my friend is in the pool with her little poolside buddies. It's sort of funny. There are these few people that always lay out at the pool. They have all talked to eachother at some point. You know, "hello", "what's up?" stuff like that. Well, this weekend, apparently was the first time their worlds all collided, and they were all out there drinking and chatting, when LH and I come walking up. It was such a Melrose Place moment.

So we pull Jordan away from her "Sunfish" buddies to go get us some Qdoba. Then we return to the pool where we stayed for several hours. It was nice considering it was a record breaking hot day. Miraculously, it was over a hundred degrees. I felt like I was back home in TX.

It was a fun weekend. I got to meet Jordon's "Sunfish" buddies, and sing Karoke. Too bad for big D though. I think he had fun, but he definately was not his normal self.

Sunday we stoped and shopped around a bit before heading home. Then we stopped off at our lake place (because it's right off the freeway on our way, and I needed to get out of the car.) Only to realize we didn't have the keys to the trailer. So we just walked around and checked out what people were doing.

All in all I had a great weekend. I got to see Jordan, which was much needed, and got to be back in civilization for a while. I'm sitting here at work again, and not wanting to work. I'm starting to think maybe I really should look into this house-wife, or staying at home thing. There are so many things (projects, and business ideas) that I could be working on, if my 9 hours at work weren't obsorbing my days. Too bad donating bone marrow doesn't pay a good salary. I'd totally do that.