My husband helped move a family member into a nursing home this past Thursday. Since he was helping her move things out, she offered to give him a few things that she no longer needed now that she was going to be in a home. I have been wanting to buy an entertainment center for my TV for a long time now, but the ones I like are way out of my budge right now. Ever since we moved from Texas, I have had my TV sitting on one of my favorite trunks. (The TV stand didn't fit into the truck when we packed everything up, so it's now with my old apartment's groundskeeper. He also took a couple of plants off of my hands. Gotta love those dumpster divers.)
So back to the point. He thought of me, and took her old TV stand. Of course, it's not something that I'd pay money for, but it's alright looking and serves it's purpose in getting my TV off of the trunk, and now, when I buy a new printer, my printer can go below it. (Unless I get a wireless converter for it, then it'll go under my computer stand in the corner.)
For now, I'm very happy because my trunk is now back where it should be. The center of attention in my living room, serving as my coffee table and blanket store-er.
You know what else? I had forgotten what was in that trunk. When I moved, I just loaded it full of things. So I found some good cloth that I had bought to make a skirt out of, and some bran new patterns that I forgot all about having! It's like going shopping! I also stored candles in there, so it smells all yummy whenever you open it up too.