Insert evil laugh here...
Here is the headcount at my old office
3 Allocators - Gone
2 Buyers - Gone
1 GM - Fired
OK. That last one isn't a good thing, but I'm glad people are leaving. It really sends a message to the HR department that things are grossly awry in Merchandising. They just fired the only GM that made his GM Plan this year. And last year too. Which makes no sense to me at all. Why aren't they firing the GM who hasn't produced positive numbers in 2 or 3 years? Logic escapes me. This company is totally a model of what NOT to do in the new millenium for business.
As of yet, I don't think they have even started to replace the allocators, and I am thinking they will lose at least one more, either to another department, or to another company as well. Greatness.
Thank God I am no longer there. I am free! I am free!