Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Weekend Excitement

I just realized that I failed to fill y'all in on my exciting weekend. Here is yet another reason why I'm so tired this week...

Well, some of you know that I had a busy weekend ahead of me last week.

Friday: We had tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert with opening acts Sugar Land, and Dirks Bentley. We had invited my brother-in-law and his wife along with us, so I was not sure what to expect since I haven't ever really hung out with the both of them in a public setting. It turned out to be a fun weekend. We headed downtown early to get some dinner, which didn't pan out because everyone had that same idea. So we wound up eating in the stadium. I had a yummy bratworst, and beer. The funny thing about this concert is that they were selling rum drinks. I am thinking this is because Kenny is known for his love of the tropics. So that was fun. Even though the drinks were $9 a glass. A SMALL glass.They have a new invention out by the way. They are pilsner glasses with lights around the base of the glass. So now you can buy a glass to go with your glowing magnetic earing, as well as your flashy light pin, and of course, top it all off with your glow stick. Actually, if they weren't $10 I would have bought one. I thought they were actually pretty cool. The concert starts at 7:30 with Sugarland. That girl can really sing! I was impressed. Then Dirks Bently. Now, I have never been on the "he's so dreamy" band wagon. But there really is something about him that makes him sexy. I don't like his curly hair, or his cockyness. But he was pretty sexy on that there stage. He gave a pretty good show, and played with the girls in the front row. I now wouldn't mind if I could make out with a little Dirks. ;o)After Dirks came Kenney. Now what a show that was! I don't want to ruin the details of the concert for those of you that are planning on seeing the show, but you will definately NOT be dissapointed! We were on our feet the whole time, completely entertained! From his opening song to the very end, when he stands on stage signing autographs. We stayed and watching him interact with people, until he went back stage. Then we decided we better leave. He totally seems like a really nice, genuine guy. I'd totally do him. I have a new found respect for this man. His show totally rocked! My feet were killing me by the end of it because the energy was so high, we didn't sit for 5 hours! I begged my husband to carrie me to the car, but once again, because he "doesn't want to spoil me" (this is what he says when he doesn't want to do something for me.) he refused.