Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend Escapades

This weekend was once again another sleep deprived jaunt. My cousin had her bridal shower on Saturday morning, so I had to get up early and drive in to town for that. Luckily, my sister-in-law had asked if I wanted to go in with her on the gift. So I didn't have to worry about any of that. The funny thing about this is that when I tried to pay her for it, she said that "how about next time we have a joint shower, you just buy the gift." Now, I don't know if that was a good deal or not for me, but I agreed. What else could I really do anyway? Right? I was looking forward to going home after the shower and taking a long, well needed nap. The man was not going to be there, so it was my one shot to catch up on some much needed sleep. Well, that plan was very quickly shot.

After the shower, my cousin, sister-in-law, and one of the bridesmaids asked me if I wanted to go across the street and have some lunch. So I think this sounds fabulous since I'm starving. Once we get over there, they decide to have a beer. Did I mention we went to 1 of the 3 local bars in town? And that they are planning on opening up another bar? All on the same street. Main Street, of course! So they have beer, and I'm good and have a Diet Pepsi. Then after we eat, we decide that we want bloody mary's. Well, the bar we are in doesn't have a liquor license (This means they can only sell beer) we had to bar hop to the bar up the block. Mind you, this was 12:30-1:00 tops. We were already Bar hoping at 1:00 in the afternoon! Crazy.

So we go to the local liquor store, and it's totally happenin' with like 5 old men that probably have a drinking problem, and one table full of bikers. So the 4 of us take up a table and order our drinks. 5 drinks later, we decide to call our husbands and let them know where we are since we were supposed to be at a shower. This is probably about 4:00 by now. So our men show up around 6 or 7. I don't quite know because I was plowed. We had taken up to playing pool by this time. My man, comes in to the bar, and sits down with the other men at the bar. He doesn't even come talk to me first! I didn't even know he was in there. What a creep! Creep I tell you! So we wound up having more drinks because they were now free, now that the men were buying. Long story short, I drank for 10 hours on Saturday. I went home at 10:30, left my husband at the bar, (They were going to go up to the local American Legion, and play some darts) and went to bed. I woke up feeling fine in the morning though!

So Sunday morning church. My in laws sang a couple songs, it was quite cute. Then we head to the farm house. I am totally starving because I hadn't eaten the night before, and now I am being tortured by the smell of ham cooking. My mother-in-law decides to cook us some cinnemon rolls. So we eat those, and then I pass out on the couch for a while. I wake up to an announcement to get to the table. So we do. And we wait. and wait. So I say to my mother-in-law, is this some form of torture because I was sleeping on your couch? ha ha ha! I'm so funny! So we finally ate. And I ate... and ate... and ate. Buy the time it was time to eat Dinner, I was still full from lunch, but I ate and ate a second time anyway. The ham was so good. It was like I had not seen food before. Yummmmm... Now my mouth is watering because I want more ham.

Then we had an egg toss outside. This was the newest in-laws idea. It was totally fun! We all picked a partner, and had to throw an uncooked egg back and forth, getting farther apart each time we were successful until one couple was left. It was totally fun. We got pretty far away too. Unfortunately, my loved husband through one of my eggs too hard, and I caught it above my head and crushed it. It was not pleasant. But I got him back. One other time, I cought it and cracked it. But didn't tell him it was cracked. So when he caught it the next time around, he got it good. tee hee hee. Egg tosses are fun!

So what did y'all do? Anything fun? Are there any fun games or traditions that you do during family get togethers?